Miami University's IT Services is pleased to offer Microsoft software for university-owned computers as well as low-cost Microsoft software for student, faculty and staff personal computers.
Please watch this web site for additional information and frequently asked questions and answers.
Key features of Miami's Microsoft Contract
- Students, faculty and staff are eligible to purchase one copy of the Microsoft software titles provided via the contract for one home computer. On a title-by-title basis, one platform, either Windows or Macintosh, must be chosen.
- The student licenses are perpetual; students will own the rights to use the software even after they leave the university.
- Faculty and staff may purchase the perpetual licenses or they may choose to purchase subscription licenses. The subscription licenses will require that the purchaser use the software only for employment related work and the software will need to be uninstalled if the purchaser leaves the university or if Miami does not renew the Campus Agreement.
- Students, faculty and staff can purchase personal use software from e-academy an on-line software distributor that sells the Microsoft software on behalf of Miami University. After reviewing the 'Recommended Software' use the e-academy's link to access e-academy web site 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The software can be sent to any street address in the U.S. or Canada.
Note: Student Select software is a perpetual licensed, full version of the software. Work-at Home (WAH) software is subscription licensed, full version of the software that can be purchased by Miami faculty and staff only.
- Miami's Campus Agreement allows installation of Microsoft Operating System upgrades and Office products on all university owned computer, including computers located in classrooms and labs.
- Departments and divisions may purchase other Microsoft software at greatly reduced prices as part of our Academic Select Agreement. For assistance with quotes or pricing go to the Software Store and use the Request Other Software link or call the IT Services Support Desk at (513) 529-7900 send an e-mail to SupportDesk@muohio.edu
Personal Use Software
To buy Microsoft software for your personal computer, use the e-academy link on the left or go to www.muohio.e-academy.com. Log in with your Miami credentials and you will be able to order Microsoft software at deeply discounted prices.
Web site at Miami