About International Students and Scholar Services
Above: MacMillan Hall
Below: Entrance to ISSS
International Students and Scholar Services provides international education services, consulting assistance, programming activities, and advocacy leadership in support of the University's international education goals.
We help students, faculty and staff, academic departments and divisions, other campus units, and the administration to expand the international dimension in learning, teaching, research, creative activities, and service.
International Students and Scholar Services is located in room 200 on the second floor of MacMillan Hall on Miami University's Oxford, Ohio campus.
Our staff are available to assist you from 8am-12pm and 1-5pm, Monday through Friday (7:30-4:30 during the summer). Please make an appointment to meet with an International Student Advisor or a Study Abroad Advisor by emailing an advisor or calling the office (contact information below).
International Students and Scholars Services
531 E. Spring Street
200 MacMillan Hall
Oxford, Ohio 45056
Telephone: (1) 513-529-5628
Fax: (1) 513-529-7383
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (see below for staff members' individual email addresses)
For International Students and Scholars:
- advise students and scholars on immigration regulations and procedures, visa matters, health insurance, and personal concerns
- conduct initial and on-going orientation programming
- assist in awarding short-term loans
For Miami Faculty:
- coordinate competitions for the funding of research projects abroad
- disburse funding to support participation in conferences abroad
For Miami Departments:
- consult on exchange agreements with institutions abroad
- provide visa assistance for employed J-1 visiting scholars
- disburse funding for short-term visiting scholars, artists and performers
- consult on curricular development and internationalized coursework
- collaborate in offering international programming on campus