Room 2 Roudebush Hall
Tax Guide (PDF 712KB)
This manual has been designed to assist departments in handling complex issues related to nonresident/international students, faculty, staff, and visitors to the campus. It is meant to be used as a guide in hiring internationals as well as bringing international guest lecturers/independent contractors to campus and assisting current employees and students with tax filing obligations. Offices planning for international visitors should refer to this manual for the procedures that need to be followed. Please share the manual with your department staff who will be bringing international visitors to the campus. This tax guide was last updated on March 9, 2004.
W2's will be available electronically mid to late January. In order to access and print your W-2 you must enroll in Two-Factor Authentication. Below are the enrollment steps for TFA.
2.Click Enroll. The Profile page appears.
3.Set up your profile. On the Profile page, enter at least 2 phone numbers or Miami friends (or 1 of each).
5.Under Choose your primary method to receive codes after enrollment click Text Message, Phone Call, or Printed on Paper.
6. Click the Generate Code button.
7. A code automatically appears in the box.
8. Click Submit. You are now enrolled and can get codes.
9. Print or save a set of codes.
10. On the next screen, print or save a set of 20 single-use codes to use for Two-Factor Authentication; then click Continue.
Once you have obtained your code (by text, phone call or printed on paper) you can now access your W2 electronically in BannerWeb.
11. Log into MyMiami using your unique ID and password.
12. In the Quick Tools area, click Banner.
13. From the Main Menu, click Employee Services Online.
14. From Employee Services Online, locate the form that you want and click to open it. You will notice a lock that indicates Two-Factor Authentication.
15. In the Two-Factor Authentication screen, enter a 6-digit code from a printed list of codes, or delivered by a phone call or text message.
16. Select the Trust this browser checkbox if you plan to access these forms again within 30 days.
17. Click Submit. You can now access and print your forms.
Contact IT Support at 513-529-7900 for immediate assistance with Two-Factor Authentication. For W-2 questions please see
Payroll's contact information at the top of this page.