Miami Health Services Center
Miami University has partnered with TriHealth to provide this on-campus opportunity for employees covered by Miami’s health plan and their covered dependents. TriHealth practitioners will provide high quality care for faculty, staff and their covered dependents at no cost.
- Based on assessment by the staff and subject to the patient’s choice, referrals for higher levels of care or needed specialty services may be made, including urgent or emergent care options.
- Primary care and specialist referrals will also be made when appropriate based on the patient’s condition.
- Any services provided outside of the Health Center will be processed through insurance (for example, a radiologist fee for reading an x-ray will go toward the deductible/co-insurance per the Miami health plan).
- Visiting the Health Center is NOT a replacement for a primary care physician visit.
- Patients must provide a photo ID and UMR ID card to receive services at the Health Center.
|421 S. Campus Avenue
(Campus Avenue entrance of Health Services Center)
(Appointments are encouraged)
Hours of Operation:
|9:30 am-6:00 pm Monday-Friday
(Closed on all days of the year when Miami University is not open)
- Walk-ins are welcome, but appointments will take priority.
- Staff members visiting the Health Center while on duty must clock out and back in when they return.
- To avoid long waits, please make an appointment before leaving your work area.
- The clinic offers nicotine replacement therapy (nicotine patch) at a discounted cost for eligible employees and their dependents age 18 or older.
- An employee who sustains an on-the-job injury, unless it is life threatening, should go to the Health Center for service. Employees with this need will not be limited to two visits as they were at the Student Health Center. The Student Health Center will continue to treat on-the-job injuries prior to 9:30 a.m. when the Clinic is not open.
- The Health Center will not treat dental problems, sexually transmitted diseases, pregnancy-related conditions, gynecologic conditions, newborns under the age of 12 months, chronic conditions or any mental health illness.
Service and care is available for the following:
- General Illness
- Ear infection
- Mild nausea/vomiting
- Pink eye
- Upper respiratory infection
- Mild skin conditions or rashes
- Sore throat
- Minor cuts and scrapes
- Earwax impaction
- Mild sprains, strains and pains
- Sinus Infection
- Bug bites/poison ivy/stings
- Urinary tract infection
- Mono screening
- Strep test
- Influenza screening
- Tetanus vaccine
- Hepatitis B vaccine
- Pneumonia vaccine
- Shingles Vaccine