Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
What is it ? Who does it affect? What's the timeline?
Find details at www.miamioh.edu/flsa.
The compensation area of HR is responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of the University's classification and pay programs with the exception of faculty, including:
- Evaluation of newly created positions
- Conducting job evaluations/audits
- Conducting wage surveys and market studies
- Managing pay and classification programs including the PRIDE Award
- Assisting departments with reorganizations
- Ensuring compliance with University policies and procedures as they relate to compensation and classification
- Ensuring compliance with related state and federal laws
- Obtaining work visas (except faculty) and offering consultation to management on visa related issues
Classified SATSS Job Families & Job Descriptions
Job Descriptions (PDF)
Pay Zones (Minimum, Market, Maximum) FY17
Annual Increase Classified Staff - FY17
OTHER TYPES OF COMPENSATION
Miami P.R.I.D.E. Award
"Performance Resulting in Distinguished Excellence"
One-Time Bonus Program For Classified and Unclassified Staff
Leave Reporting - Questions?