The 2012 May Hill Arbuthnot Honor Lecture
“The Flying Man,” a tribute to Václav Havel, by Peter Sís
Featuring Peter Sís
"Reading in the Dark"
Wednesday, April 4, 2012
* Free and open to all
"With Sís, everything is multilayered and full of surprises. Getting it all in one read is like seeing the Metropolitan Museum of Art in an afternoon."
-The San Diego Tribune
The 2012 May Hill Arbuthnot Honor Lecture presents internationally acclaimed illustrator, author, filmmaker and MacAuthur Fellow Peter Sís.
Reception and book-signing will follow the lecture.
JUST ANNOUNCED: Peter Sís is named the winner of the 2012 Hans Christian Anderson Illustrator Award. Read more...
Learn more about the life of this Czechoslovakian born writer and his ground-breaking work in children's literature.
*Required tickets are free and must be obtained by contacting the Miami University Box Office, Shriver Center, or email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Peter Sis lecture” in the subject line.
* Books by Peter Sís will be available for sale at the event.
* Accessibility: Miami University is proactive in its accessibility efforts on campus and sign language interpreters will be provided upn request. If other accommodations are needed for this event (i.e., captioning, Braille programs, etc.), please contact the Office of Disability Resources at (513) 529-1541 (V/TTY) or via email email@example.com at least 48 hours prior to the event to ensure services.
* The Association for Library Service to Children, a division of the American Library Association
* Macmillan Children’s Publishing Group
And by Miami University's:
* College of Education, Health and Society
* Department of Teacher Education
* School of Fine Arts
* MU Libraries
* MU Art Museum
* Heckert Center for Children’s Reading and Writing