The annual CTE Tostado dinner for Alumni Teaching Scholars, WRA Cabin
What is the Center for Teaching Excellence?
The Center is a community where:
- We support long-term and short-term communities for faculty growth and inquiry (e.g., FLCs, FLINGs, workshops/seminars);
- We support innovative teaching through projects, grants and awards (e.g., Top 25 project, grants, Knox award);
- We bring to Miami the best of the scholarship of teaching and learning (e.g., Lilly Conference on College Teaching, Journal on Excellence in College Teaching);
- We support departments and programs in their work to assess their effectiveness as educators in their discipline;
- We work with other programs to enhance and celebrate teaching and learning at Miami.
Our mission is to model and promote engagement with scholarly and reflective teaching practices to support the academic development of all faculty and students.
What are people saying?
I wanted to let you know that I did quite well on my students' evaluations of my courses in Spring 2010. I got 3.0+ on every category, and one class gave me an overall high of 3.6. This is exactly where I wanted to be. I have to credit your help in doing the SGIDs with my classes. It was a very constructive process that allowed me to build on my strengths and to tweak the shortcomings. It helped build my confidence because I realized I didn't have to reinvent myself or the course. Thanks so much for your help!