Laws Hall, the current home of CELTUA!
What is the Center for Teaching Excellence?
The Center is a community where:
- We support long-term and short-term communities for faculty growth and inquiry (e.g., FLCs, FLINGs, workshops/seminars);
- We support innovative teaching through projects, grants and awards (e.g., Top 25 project, grants, Knox award);
- We bring to Miami the best of the scholarship of teaching and learning (e.g., Lilly Conference on College Teaching, Journal on Excellence in College Teaching);
- We support departments and programs in their work to assess their effectiveness as educators in their discipline;
- We work with other programs to enhance and celebrate teaching and learning at Miami.
Our mission is to embody and promote engagement with scholarly and reflective teaching practices to support the intellectual development of faculty and students as members of a diverse community.
What are people saying?
"The Journal occupies a unique place in the literature for higher education. If we are indeed going to honor the scholarship of teaching, the field needs a publication like this, where research on teaching and learning in higher education can find an outlet."
--Marilla D. Svinicki, Editor, Jossey-Bass New Directions for Teaching and Learning Series; Former Director, Center for Teaching Effectiveness; The University of Texas at Austin