Small group discussion at the 2011 Lilly Conference on College Teaching
What is the Center for Teaching Excellence?
The Center is a community where:
- We support long-term and short-term communities for faculty growth and inquiry (e.g., FLCs, FLINGs, workshops/seminars);
- We support innovative teaching through projects, grants and awards (e.g., Top 25 project, grants, Knox award);
- We bring to Miami the best of the scholarship of teaching and learning (e.g., Lilly Conference on College Teaching, Journal on Excellence in College Teaching);
- We support departments and programs in their work to assess their effectiveness as educators in their discipline;
- We work with other programs to enhance and celebrate teaching and learning at Miami.
Our mission is to model and promote engagement with scholarly and reflective teaching practices to support the academic development of all faculty and students.
What are people saying?
"Thank you for the money that I received to attend the Lessac Based Resonant Voice Therapy Training Seminar. The information that I obtained at the seminar will be included in the graduate voice disorder course that I am teaching this summer. I am sure that the students in our program will benefit from this information as they enter their practicum training sites in the fall. I sincerely appreciate the support that you provide me. This enables me to share the best practices in our profession with our students, which enhances their clinical skills."
--Recipient of a Small Grant to Improve Teaching