The Nahiteeheeyoni Service Learning Award was presented to C. Lee Harrington at the 2013 Lilly International Conference on College Teaching
What is the Center for Teaching Excellence?
The Center is a community where:
- We support long-term and short-term communities for faculty growth and inquiry (e.g., FLCs, FLINGs, workshops/seminars);
- We support innovative teaching through projects, grants and awards (e.g., Top 25 project, grants, Knox award);
- We bring to Miami the best of the scholarship of teaching and learning (e.g., Lilly Conference on College Teaching, Journal on Excellence in College Teaching);
- We support departments and programs in their work to assess their effectiveness as educators in their discipline;
- We work with other programs to enhance and celebrate teaching and learning at Miami.
Our mission is to model and promote engagement with scholarly and reflective teaching practices to support the academic development of all faculty and students.