"Teaching for Brain-Based Learning" - theme of the 2011 International Lilly Conference on College Teaching.
What is the Center for the Enhancement of Learning, Teaching, and University Assessment (CELTUA)?
CELTUA is a community where:
- We support long-term and short-term communities for faculty growth and inquiry (e.g., FLCs, FLINGs, workshops/seminars);
- We support innovative teaching through projects, grants and awards (e.g., Top 25 project, grants, Knox award);
- We bring to Miami the best of the scholarship of teaching and learning (e.g., Lilly Conference on College Teaching, Journal on Excellence in College Teaching);
- We support departments and programs in their work to assess their effectiveness as educators in their discipline;
- We work with other programs to enhance and celebrate teaching and learning at Miami.
Our mission is to embody and promote engagement with scholarly and reflective teaching practices to support the intellectual development of faculty and students as members of a diverse community.