For questions concerning any payroll issues about an assistantship contact Cheryl Rucker at (513) 529-6649 or by email at ruckercl@MiamiOH.edu.
- Click here and login in using your Miami unique id and password. Complete the acceptance form, submit, and logout. If you need assistance with your unique id and/or password click here. *Not completing this form in a timely manner may seriously affect all of the following steps.
- Prior to the first day of employment you must complete an I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification Form by visiting Academic Personnel Services, 1 Roudebush Hall. To ensure you bring appropriate documentation check the list of acceptable documents and bring them with you. *We cannot accept any expired documents.
Letters of offer for reappointments of assistantships are sent to the students Miami University email account for acceptance.
- To accept offer click on the link provided in the email or click here.
- Fill out Form and Submit
*NOTE: If your direct deposit information has changed you will need to click here to visit Payroll Services online to update records.
Tuition Waivers will not be applied until Graduate Assistants have accepted their Letter of Offer.
No payroll will be processed until the I-9 form is completed and direct deposit forms are completed and submitted to Academic Personnel Services or Payroll Services
*International [or non US Citizens] are required to complete additional forms in Payroll Services prior to first payroll
Graduate award stipends are paid on a monthly basis and checks are normally issued on the last working day of the month. The pay dates for the 2016-17 academic year will be:
|First Semester (2016)||Second Semester (2017)|
|August 31 (partial)||January 31|
|September 30||February 28|
|October 31||March 31|
|November 30||April 28|
|December 30||May 31 (partial)|
Please note: If you should resign your position at any time during the academic year, you must notify Academic Personnel Services immediately. This is necessary so that the appropriate adjustments can be made to your paycheck before the direct deposit date. Should you fail to notify Academic Personnel Services office in a timely manner, you will be required to refund to the University any overpayment of stipend, based on the date of resignation (if applicable).
Graduate Summer Scholarships are service-free awards given to graduate award holders in the summer following their graduate appointments. If students receive a Graduate Summer Scholarship, they may be employed for up to 20 hours a week during the summer semester, provided that they have permission from their department chair and the Graduate School. For more information contact the Graduate School at (513) 529-3734.
To be eligible for a Graduate Summer Scholarship, students must have held a graduate assistantship for at least one full semester. Students must also have completed at least 9 graduate credit hours each semester of the appointment or have done the following:
- Served as a graduate assistant or dissertation scholar for at least one full semester and completed 9-15 graduate credit hours each semester of the appointment.
To be eligible for a Graduate Summer Scholarship, students must also have fulfilled the following academic requirements:
- Made satisfactory progress toward the graduate degree.
- Be certified as engaged in full-time graduate study by the student’s department.
Courses taken for P and S grades count toward eligibility for the summer scholarship; they are not, however, computed in students' grade point averages. Students who receive F, U, or Y in such courses will not receive credit towards the summer scholarship.
Eligible students will receive $1,800 for engaging in full time study as defined by their home department. Students must be registered for at least one credit hour at the beginning of the first summer term in May in order to receive the payment. The maximum scholarship payment is $1,800 during summer, and there is no partial payment of the summer scholarship. Students with one-semester appointments are eligible for the Graduate Summer Scholarship for only one scholarship payment of $900. If students have used all or part of their summer fee waiver in the summer preceding the year of the appointment, they cannot receive additional fee waivers during the following summer term.
Summer Scholarships will be paid on or before June 30.
Departments are responsible for defining what full time summer study entails for each degree program. Full time summer study may range from 3 to 12 credit hours for the entire summer and must require student engagement in degree requirements for at least 10 weeks of the summer, or 5 weeks for a single scholarship payment.