- Administrative Forms
Electronic Personnel Action Forms (EPAF)
EPAFs for Fall 2014 appointments and for the 2014-15 Academic Year can be originated now. Quick Tips have been added to "Resources" tab.
Independent Contractors and Telecommuting(out-of-state)
A new procedure has been implemented that will standardize review procedures and improve compliance with University policy and applicable laws in the determination of whether an independent contractor relationship or an employer-employee relationship is appropriate. In addition, when a recommended candidate resides outside the state of Ohio, a telecommuting agreement must be submitted as part of the approval process. Detailed information on these processes can be found under the Guidelines tab on this page.
The 24% and 30% limits to summer earnings for full-time faculty are no longer in effect. Effective summer 2011, the ceiling has been raised to 33 1/3% of the prior year’s base salary (three months of base salary) for any combination of duties (teaching, workshops, research, administrative, special assignments). The formula used to determine one’s instructional salary has not changed – 3% of base salary per credit hour (unless other departmental/campus guidelines exist). For grant-based earnings, the funding agency may have income limitations.
On-Line Employment System Manuals
To view the manual for the On-Line Employment System, click the appropriate link below. View the table of contents and simply click on the section of interest to navigate through the manual.
Quick Reference Guides are available to assist you with various actions in the online employment system. To view a Quick Reference Guide, click the appropriate link below.
- Applicant - How to Apply
- Quick Steps for departments to send to applicants who may need instructions on creating a profile in PeopleAdmin
- Approve Action
-Quick Steps to approving a pending action in PeopleAdmin. Generally used by Department Chairs, Deans and Directors.
- Guest User
-Quick Steps for Search Committees with Guest User access to view candidates and their submitted documents
- Hiring Proposal
- Quick Steps for creating and submitting the recommendation to hire a candidate
- Initiator - See Action
- Quick understanding of why a department initiator cannot see an action after submitting for approval
- Multiple Positions
- Quick understanding for selecting the right process when a department is hiring for two like positions
- Faculty - Create New
- Quick steps for departments to create new faculty position announcement requests
- Faculty - Fill Vacant
- Quick steps for departments to fill a vacant faculty position announcement request (using a current budget position number)
- Unclassified - Create New
- Quick steps for departments to create new unclassified position announcement requests
- Unclassified - Fill Vacant
- Quick steps for departments to fill a vacant unclassified staff position announcement request (using a current budget position number)